1. I have to pay upfront
2. I have no time/friends
3. I have to pay for my books
4. I have to keep things if customers don’t want them or don’t like them
5. I don’t have internet access
6. My friend was ripped off by Avon
7. My friend tried and said it’s a waste of time
8. There are lots of Avon reps on my street or in my area
9. I can’t use Avon as I have allergies
10. I don’t want to build a team
1. I have to pay upfront - Avon is free to try - I will give you everything you need to get you started. If Avon is not for you then that is it. Your account will be closed. If you decide Avon is for you and you have orders then I will show you how to put the orders in and when you submit that will generate a £10 charge on first invoice and £6 on second. ie If you have a £200 order Avon will charge you £150 for the goods plus £10 admin fee so you will collect £200 from customers pay Avon £160 - £40 is your commission earned.
2. I have no time/friends - I can show you a way to network, show you how to go round your local area (if you want to) I’ll show you how to work social media and use your Avon store. Friends and family are amazing but no business alone can run on family and friends we all need strangers to build our customer base. Don’t use this as a negative. We all have time if we want something enough. Time management is important to us all – it’s just learning how to use our time properly.
3. I have to pay for my books - Yes, books need to be paid for - they are our shop window. But your first 3 campaign books are free to help you get started. The books are just under £6 for 20 yet just under £14 for 100 – the more you buy the cheaper they are……. But the internet is an amazing free tool – just look at My Avon Store – we all have one, and can use this across the UK.
4. I have to keep things if customers don’t want them or don’t like them - No, Avon offer a 28 day money back, no quibble guarantee – that means we give our customers a full refund and we do an internal credit (via our website) this knocks off owing this to Avon. We have 13 days from delivery to pay Avon – so plenty of time to sort. Then we return the goods with our next order, when the driver delivers our order he will scan and take away your returns. No quibble, no problems. This is the same if our customers need a replacement (maybe they want a different colour or size) absolutely no issues, and very easy.
5. I don’t have internet access - If you are reading this you have internet access – even if via your mobile phone, in the local internet café or library. Lots of places have internet access now. But Avon do a telephone order service. So again no problems.
6. My friend was ripped off by Avon - This has to be my favourite misconception.
How can Avon rip anyone off??
Our customers give us orders, we place the order, Avon delivers the orders, we deliver to our customers, our customer pay us, and we pay Avon. Then the circle begins again.
If a customer doesn’t want something it goes back – we do not pay for it. The only time I ever hear people say Avon has ripped me off is because they have forgotten or decide not to pay Avon. I have been a rep over 13 years and have never been ‘ripped off’ by Avon. I have been a team leader for over 8 years and in my time signed many reps, some of whom love to blame Avon for their lack of ability to paying the bill. Your customers pay you. You pay Avon. End off.
7. My friend tried and said it’s a waste of time - Some people don’t want people to try new things, or do well in life. Everything is worth a try. Believe me (read my story about how I started) Avon was not what I wanted to do – No one told me it was a waste of time – but if I hadn’t have tried I certainly wouldn’t be where I am today. It's worth a try. And it’s free to try too.
8. There are lots of Avon reps on my street or in my area - Avon does have an area allocation, so if your street has been allocated to a certain rep, then no, you can’t do your street, but that doesn’t mean the next street isn’t free. Does your Avon rep know your mum? Your sister? Your Auntie? Your family and your friends. Possibly not – ask for a trial pack. If you aren’t seeing an Avon book – ask why? You can always sell to family and friends and use your online store – some reps open an account just for themselves.
9. I can’t use Avon as I have allergies - I hear this a lot, yet people with true allergies are actually few and far between. Avon now has no products with parabens in, this did cause problems for some. But Avon sells so much more than lipstick, skincare and eyeliners. Have you seen the Bags? nightwear? underwear? Christmas gifts etc. Ask me for a brochure or view online. Also, you can work at any supermarket – doesn’t mean you have to buy from them. (Although once you see what we can see as reps, you’ll be amazed at the benefits of being an Avon rep) and try things you’ve probably never tried before
10. I don’t want to build a team - you don’t have to. Lots of reps are just reps and that is absolutely no problem. Yes, there seems to be a lot of people recruiting for Avon and building teams – but it’s another thing that’s free to try and bonuses for new team leaders, that’s why there is a lot of advertising for building teams. Personally I have a lot more reps in my team than team leaders, and that is perfect as Avon’s Moto is Work it YOUR way.
I HOPE YOU HAVE FOUND THIS USEFUL. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU RACHEL 07812 838635