So we are officially into spring and the clocks have gone forward which means lighter nights (summer is on its way!). You might have started spring cleaning the house but have you considered a re-fresh of your beauty regime?
Check out our 10 top tips on getting ready for the sun:
1. Start off with a good clear out of toiletries and makeup. Get rid of old products (remember to check expiration dates) and items you no longer use. Mascara should be changed every 3 months as it can quickly become contaminated with bacteria. You don’t want any nasty eye infections.
2. Look after your skin. A nice long soak in the bath using a good body scrub is a great way of getting rid of dead skin and giving you that all over glow. Remember to finish off with a body moisturiser to leave your skin feeling baby soft.
3. Treat yourself to a pedicure - DIY or salon style! We have some fantastic foot scrubs and moisturisers on sale. Paint your toe nails ready for sandal weather, it’s just around the corner! Go for something bright and fresh for spring.
4. Wash your makeup brushes. You should be doing this at least once a month to stop bacteria growing on them. Simply soak them in hot soapy water and leave them to dry naturally.
5. Use a hair mask for ultra silky locks. There are some great home-made ideas on the internet you could try – coconut oil is a fantastic one if you have any in your kitchen cupboard!
6. Make sure your face creams and foundations have SPF in them. Now that the sun will be shining a lot more (hopefully!) you need to make sure you are protecting your skin against the sun.
7. Clean your hairbrushes. This should be done once a month as natural oil from your scalp can build up on the bristles along with clogged up hairspray, dry shampoo and mousse! First, remove any hairs stuck in the brush, then soak in some warm water with a good splash of apple-cider vinegar. Rinse in warm water then dry naturally overnight.
8. Have a pamper night with friends and put on face masks, scrubs and peels. It’s a great way of freshening up your facial skin and making you feel refreshed. Remember to moisturise afterwards to replenish the oils into your skin. We have some great night creams you could check out.
9. Change your toothbrush. Our mouths contain the most germs than anywhere else on our body. Toothbrushes are full of bacteria and should be changed every 3-4 months. And don’t forget about the toothbrush holder – rinse this out weekly!
10. Brighten up your makeup palette. Try some fresh new colours for spring. You could try coral or pinks rather than reds and browns. Don’t be afraid to experiment – you might like what you see!
So there you have it, our 10 top tips on giving your beauty regime a fresh spring clean! Please share your ideas and photos with us – we love to see what products you are using and reading all your beauty ideas! Please email us at email@example.com
Independent Avon Sales Leader
Tel: 07812 838635